Sunday, February 3, 2008

Internet use analysis

I consider myself to be a frequent internet user. Looking at my weekly use, there was only one day in which I did not use the internet, Thursday. Every other day I usually went online once in the morning and once at night. During these times I follow a pretty regular pattern: Check both email accounts, check facebook, check bank account, and then do any extra browsing or word processing I need to do.

I found that I used both of my email accounts for professional reasons. I do very little personal emailing. I use facebook regularly as a means for personal communications. I read the New York Times on my email too.

Also, I use google as my search engine. This week I spent a lot of time on Craigs list looking for furntiure (unsuccessfully). I also used mes-english.com to prepare for a kindergarten lesson I taught. They have the best flashcards!

This week I was also very proud to use my blackboard listserve to communiate with my Span 110 students.

OK, thats my user profile I guess. I wonder how people lived before the internet?

1 comment:

Dr. L said...

Good analysis! What I think is missing is a day by day breakdown of your usage. Seeing this would help an outsider to objectively look and either agree/disagree with you! :-). I didn't grade this assignment but wanted to provide a bit of helpful feedback!